- I perform traditional, contemporary, whimsical, off-beat, spiritual, sacred, and Same-Sex Ceremonies.
- As your Minister, Officiant, & Celebrant - I am here to inspire and support you in creating a Wedding Ceremony that is truly a reflection of your Love.
- I love the Big Blue Sky, Celebrations of Love, and truly getting to know you and your Love Story.
- The majority of the Ceremonies I perform - celebrate the miracles of love and commitment rather than having a strong religious focus.
- Over the past 20 years I have been performing ceremonies that bring big Smiles to my couples and their family and friends.
- I have always been inspiring, organized, and upbeat - 21 years ago friends started asking me to be the one to marry then. And I said "Yes" and the rest is history.
- I am interesting, creative, spontaneous, organized, professional, friendly, uniquely me, and fun.
- I love nature, mountain biking, wilderness hiking, wild places, sea kayaking, Cross Country skiing, gardening, beauty, pickle ball, Yoga, the study of Mindfulness, Presence, Self Compassion and Exploring new ways of Being.
- Growing up I lived in Tanzania, Turkey, Sri Lanka, and Spain. I had the privilege to climb Kilimanjaro when I was 17 years old and to live in the bush of Africa. I traveled throughout Europe and Morocco.
- We lived in Tanzania for six years and I was sent to America Schools in Spain.
- I studied architectures in Ankara, Turkey.
- I have a broad world view and I am a life long- learner.
- I have a Bachelors Degree in Environmental Studies, a Masters in Applied Behavioral Science - Executive Leadership & Relationship Coaching
- I am a Master Practitioner of Neuro-Linguistic Programing (NLP) - I have studied Vipassina Mindfulness Meditation, Yoga and Spirituality at Kripalu in Lenox, MA.
What I believe to be the most important when choosing your Officiant
- Choose someone with whom you trust, and who you feel comfortable with on your Wedding day and throughout the process of creating and designing your wedding experience and ceremony.
- Choose someone with whom you share similar Values.
- Choose someone who is inspiring, authentic, and real.
- Choose someone who is interested in your Love story and who you are as individuals and as a couple.
- Choose someone who will take on a leadership role, and who is intentional.
- Choose some who will ensure Peace of Mind on your Wedding Day and will bring goodness and kindness to your Ceremony.
- Choose someone who is flexible, kind, and willing to do whatever it takes to make your Wedding day - Beautiful, Bold, and Uniquely yours.
"The first day I talked with Mary Ellen over the phone, I knew she was going to be the one to marry us! Mary Ellen was very kind, compassionate and interested in my husband and I. She spent time with me on the phone talking and asking about ]how our love grew and where we see our love taking us.
She helped me visualize our special Wedding day and helped me feel at ease with our three month planning process. She listened to everything we said and wrote a custom ceremony for us - exactly the way we would have written it - if we could of written it ourselves.
Mary Ellen was wonderful, patient, funny, open minded and creative throughout the whole process of writing our ceremony, vows, and on our Wedding Day.
Our family and guests loved her and thought we knew her since we were kids! Through her works and way of being - she made our guests feel our love and our connection." A perfect Day! Jesse and Chandra